Artist Services & Digital Media Assistant
About Jensen Artists:
Founded in 2007 as Christina Jensen PR, the company expanded in 2015 to include artist management services and was renamed Jensen Artists. Jensen Artists is dedicated to developing the careers and telling the stories of today's most vibrant classical musicians. We are motivated by a desire to illustrate the abundance and appeal of today’s classical music world by sharing our clients’ personalities, creativity, and art with the public.
Jensen Artists seeks a career-minded individual with a working knowledge of classical music and/or the music industry to fill an assistant position. Some prior experience working, interning, or completing coursework related to public relations or the music industry is preferred for this entry-level position. Attention to detail, promptness, strong organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitoring press clips and routing to artists, presenters, managers and label representatives
• Preparing press reports
• Posting event listings on a variety of online calendars and websites
• Researching new press contacts and publications
• Updating artists’ individual accounts and concert calendars on a variety of online resources (Spotify, Bands in Town, and others)
• Updating the Jensen Artists website as directed using the Wix platform
• Updating artists' websites using Wordpress, SquareSpace, and Wix platforms
• Assembling materials for industry conferences and meetings
• Assisting with artists' travel itineraries, travel arrangements, and schedules
• Scheduling meetings and phone calls
• Attending artists’ performances in the New York area
• General office management – mailing, filing, copying, ordering supplies, renewing subscriptions, running errands, etc.
• A variety of tasks as directed
This position is 20-hours per week. The schedule is 10am-4pm on Mondays working remotely, and 10am-5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Jensen Artists’ Manhattan office. Competitive hourly wage.
Please send cover letter, résumé, and 3 writing samples (preferably press releases or pitch letters) to addressed to Christina Jensen. No phone calls please.